Friday, January 3, 2014

How to do a manual reset on an Epson printer

The BEST manual reset instructions for an Epson printer

I did this on my Epson stylus photo 825 after reading the instructions I found online (they were not very straightforward).

My printer stopped printing and gave me an error message that said "Parts inside your printer are reaching their end of service life" (or some such nonsense).  The message relates to a foam pad located under the area where the print heads travel.  I could easily see the one in my printer by opening the door that allows you to change print cartridges.  I carefully pulled one end of the foam pad out to see if it was saturated and found it was not.  If there is an excessive amount of ink in and on this pad, it might leak out the bottom of the printer and onto something you do not want it on.  Mine was fine.

First, turn your printer off.  Next, press and hold the paper feed button and the paper/ink button (this button has a light above it and it was blinking because the ink waste pad counter was maxed out).  While continuing to hold these two buttons in, turn on the printer.  The light above the paper/ink button will blink twice, pause and repeat this pattern. Release both buttons. Now quickly press and HOLD IN the paper feed button for an extended period of time (approximately one minute, to be sure).

The printer will initialize and the ink carriage will move.  The error message in the display should go away, indicating you have reset the waste ink pad counter.  You will now be able to print on your Epson printer.

This worked for my Epson model, and it should work for yours, since Epson uses the same manual reset on many of its printers.

I tried the program offered online that was supposed to reset my printer, and it did not work.  I also tried many button combinations and lengths of time before this worked, because the online instructions were not clear enough.  This is the easiest way to reset your Epson printer.

The money you save by not having to buy a new printer can be used to buy some more of your favorite dividend paying stock !!  There is a lot of upside in the Market still to come in 2014 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment